Friday 27 November 2015

An Enchanted Garden - BoBunny DT

In some parts of the world its heading into winter, but for me its spring and with that comes the nor west winds that drive me crazy :( but theres also the amazing colour of spring bulbs and blossom :)  and its that colour and floral abundance that got me thinking about this project.

Ive had this terrarium for awhile, it was going to be a Christmas project, but I fell in love with Enchanted Harvest!, and knew it was now going to be my wee forest :)


I love that there is so much fussy cutting!! :) :) and the autumn colour scheme, which is one of my favourite combos :)  and butterflies! and did I mention the sunflowers?!!  Theres a lot to love!  And while its also about Thanks Giving it lends itself to so many other possibilities.


The butterflies are curled to give them 'flight' and mounted on laminate to help give them the appearance of flying :)


I fussy cut the little girl out - I quite like how she looks like she's peering up at those butterflies :)


Looking down from above, - its'nt that wee deer so cute?!


All the flowers are curled and leaves are dry embossed with my flower making tool set, which I think gives them all 'life' and not looking flat.

If you are celebrating Thanks Giving, I hope you've had a lovely weekend :)
thanks for popping by, til next time  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Megan I love your work and can tell you are from NZ with the saying - wee, I get picked up on that alot here in AU. What a beautiful piece.
    Chris Moyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous and what a lot of time you must have put into it. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete